Monday, June 30, 2008

Updated race information!

Hi everybody!

Kristin, the race director, sent out this information via the Active email option, however we don't think everybody got the email. So, we're posting this information here as well, so hopefully everybody will get it.

We are so excited about the awesome turn-out and we can't wait until Friday! See you there!!

Love,
Sarah

Early Packet Pick-up:
(We will take late registrations during these times too with an entry fee of $25.)

Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 6-8 p.m.
Dairy Queen
33720 Walker Rd
Avon Lake, OH 44012

Thursday, July 3, 2008, 12-2 p.m.
Swingos Grand Tavern
32858 Walker Rd
Avon Lake, OH 44012

If you are unable to pick up your race materials early, pre-registration check-in will be from 8-8:45 a.m. on July 4, 2008. We will also be taking race day registrations during that time, for an entry fee of $25.

Parking:

If you live in the surrounding neighborhoods, we encourage you to save gas money and walk or ride your bike over to the park. There are approximately 200 parking spaces for use at Walker Road Park. At 8:45 a.m. or when the Walker Road Park lot is full (whichever come first), the lot will be closed. Holy Spirit Catholic Church (410 Lear Rd, Avon Lake, OH 44012) has graciously allowed us to use their parking lot. Avon Lake City Schools has donated a bus and driver to shuttle racers to and from Walker Road Park. The shuttle will run from Holy Spirit to Walker Road Park from 7:30 a.m. until 12:15 p.m. The bus will not run from 9-10 a.m.

Kids Activities:

Just a friendly reminder that all children participating in the activities after the race must make a donation and have a waiver signed. If the child is registered for the race, the wristband is included, but we still need a signed waiver. We have many exciting activities planned: bounce house, animals from the Lake Erie Nature and Science Center and Columbus Zoo, face painting, sand box, cotton candy and snow cones, just to name a few! Hot dogs and drinks will be for sale for a small fee.

Door Prizes:

Carefully check out your goodie bags to see if it contains a winning door prize postcard! All prizes will be distributed on race day. We will be giving away some of the following items:

2-month Curves membership, Cleveland Browns gift package, gift certificates to: Winking Lizard, Playground World, First Watch, Copper Cup, Ironwood Cafe, El Metate, Rush Inn, and Absolute Dance, overnight stays at: Holiday Inn Select City Centre, Sheraton Suites Cuyahoga Falls and Crown Plaza Cleveland City Centre, Cleveland Indians tickets, a NASCAR lunchbox with Stewarts Electronics gift certificate, a spa package at Brown Aveda Institute, Agave gift card, 1-year subscription to Travel & Leisure and Food & Wine, Cleveland Zoo tickets, Cleveland Orchestra tickets, Ipod, autographed Z Cavaliers jersey, Cherished Teddies figurine and watch set, Dr Seuss books and stuffed animals, a custom decorated cake from Crazy Cakes and even more!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marc and Emily,
Although I have never meet you or your family. I was sent to your page right after Sophie was diagnosed. I have since followed this roller coaster/nightmare your family has been on.
It brings tears to my eyes reading about this celebration on the 4th of July. I only wished I lived closer. I would be there!! I will be thinking of your family on the 4th. It sounds like there will be a huge turnout. I am sure Sophie would be so proud of what you are doing and the awareness you are bringing to this dreadful tumor! Your family will remain in my thougts and prayers!
God Bless
Katie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (almost) to a beautiful, sweet little angel. I guarantee that Sophie is going to have the most amazing birthday party ever in Heaven!!! Can you even imagine?!?!?!? I hope tomorrow's race brings peace and happiness to your family. Although I'm sure the day will be bittersweet, please know that what you all are doing is nothing short of amazing, and an awesome way to honor your precious little girl!

Sophie it is because of your story that I was introduced to the world of DIPG. Although it's not a world that any parent would want to be a part of, I've "met" some truly incredible children and their families who I pray for daily. I want nothing more then for there to be a cure for DIPG, so that all of you angels didn't die in vain. One day, I just know it! Happy Birthday sweet angel...run, dance, play, and eat all the cake and cupcakes you want! ;)

May God bless you all on Sophie's b-day/race day, and every other day.

Love,
Christina Gomez

Anonymous said...

Hi Marc and Emily-

As I am getting the family ready to particiapte in Sophie run on the eve of Sophie's 5th birthday, I wanted to let you know how inspiring you two are. Your courage and strenght constantly amaze me and help me through stressful times in my life. Sophie and Sarah are very lucky to have you both as parents bc they couldn't have better role models.

Your family is always in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Well tomorrow is the big day...we have never met but I have gotten to no your family and your precious Sophie through your blog..I just wanted to wish you guys the best and I hope yall have a wonderful turn out which Im sure you will...I cant wait to hear how it went.... best of luck

Anonymous said...

~~JULY 4TH~~~

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET SOPHIE!
What a beautiful day to celebrate your birthday.

Blessings,
Betsy

Anonymous said...

I am wishing and praying for wonderful weather for your walk tomorrow. I hope the turn out exceeds your expectation.
God Bless you.

Anonymous said...

Emily,
I just wanted to let you know that I still think of you and pray for you and your family daily. I hope that yesterday went well for you. I am sorry I wasn't able to be there. I agree with the above post. You have inspired me in so many ways that I cannot even begin to describe. You are an amazing mommy! Love you! Misty

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,SOPHIE GIRL!!!!!!I heard that your birthday celebration and the race/walk was a complete success. I'm sooooooooooo happy for you, and for your family and friends who put so much effort and love into the day. All of us, together, can BEAT this monster called dipg. We can contribute something good and positive, and lets never give up until these children can be cured and sent back home to their families and to their lives. We, all together,are such a positive force! God bless every single one of you "out there" who played a part in Sophie's Day! See you ALL next year on July 4th! Sophie and Sarah's Great Aunt Lynne

Anonymous said...

"DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE!" PERFECT SOPHIE, YOU ARE LOVED AND MISSED. CONTINUE TO LOOK DOWN ON YOUR FAMILY AND YOUR FRIENDS FROM "WAY UP HIGH" SOMEDAY WE WILL ALL BE TOGETHER AGAIN!